Sunday, May 19, 2013

Week 20 of 52: P.O.S.T Exam and Nutraloaf

One, or more new things per week for the 2013 year...
Week  20 of 52 (May 13th, 2013 to May 19th, 2013): P.O.S.T Exam and Nutraloaf.

                The last few weeks have been crazy and were filled with so much that I felt as if my head was going to explode. Good thing that didn't happen! Well this is the first week (for about 3 weeks) that I feel like things are going back to normal. Although things are still hectic, I actually fell like this week was filled with some really cool new things.

                On Monday (May 13th) I was able to start off my week with the P.O.S.T Exam. If you are not familiar with this exam, don’t worry. I can honestly say that I really had no idea what it was until I was taking the test! The P.O.S.T Exam stands for “Police Officer Selection Test”. All I knew when I was taking the exam is that I needed to pass it, in order to enter into the Washington County Reserve Deputy Program.  The test is broken up into 4 parts. The first part of the P.O.S.T exam is simple arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and requires no law knowledge. The second part of the P.O.S.T exam is reading comprehension.  The third section of the P.O.S.T exam tests for grammar knowledge and the last test part is the report writing section based on a fictional incident report.

I still do not know how I did… but test results should be coming back soon. Even if I do pass the exam, it still means that I have a lot more steps to do just to see if they want me or not! So yeah, how many people have taken the P.O.S.T? I don’t think anyone, unless they actually have an interest in law enforcement.



                The week was not about to finish, before I could try Nutraloaf! Again, if you haven’t heard of Nutraloaf or you have never tried it… don’t feel bad. Nutraloaf, sometimes called prison loaf, disciplinary loaf, food loaf, confinement loaf, seg loaf, or special management meal, is a food served in United States prisons to inmates who have demonstrated significant behavioral issues. It is similar to meatloaf in texture, but has a wider variety of ingredients. Prisoners may be served nutraloaf if they have assaulted prison guards or fellow prisoners. Prison loaf is usually bland, perhaps even unpleasant, but prison wardens argue that nutraloaf provides enough nutrition to keep prisoners healthy without requiring utensils to be issued. The specific Nutraloaf that I tried was from the Washington County Jail and is baked with carrots, garbanzo beans and a bunch of other stuff that I really wouldn’t want to eat on a daily basis. I tried it and shockingly was the only person out of a group of about 10 who didn’t gag. I didn’t think it was completely awful, I could eat it. But if I had to eat it every day for sustenance I wouldn’t like it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment