Sunday, January 27, 2013

Week 4 of 52: Elk Meat

One, or more new things per week for the 2013 year...
Week 4 of 52 (January 21st, 2013 to January 27th, 2013): Elk Meat

                As we approach the end of this month, things for me have been getting busy! For anyone who doesn’t know I work about 30 hours a week and go to school full time. On top of all of that, I have a lot of other responsibilities that keep me extremely busy.

                This week’s adventure was nothing spectacular, but definitely something that I have wanted to do for a long time, and that is try Elk. My brother invited me over to his house and we cooked up from ground Elk meat, that a buddy of his had just shot the weekend before. The great part about this, was that I knew it was fresh and that it was all organic.



                So we cooked up some rice to go with it, and let me tell you, it was delicious! It is very similar to hamburger, but MUCH better tasting. It felt like I was eating meat, and not some processed garbage meat. I have had Buffalo (which is my favorite), but Elk is a close second. Bottom line is that Elk meat not only tastes better, but is also better for you. I would recommend trying it. Like I said, it tastes like hamburger, but less greasy and much higher grade. It tasted a lot more like high end steak that was ground up. Really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment